You can contact me at
I work with a lot of developers both seasoned and green who are new to python.
Here are some foundations that every python developer should have:
- Virtualenv which I believe is a cornerstone of healthy python development.
- pdb: the python debugger which is an incredible tool for debugging even the toughest of applications.
- simple exploration of python with iPython a brief intro to the popular interactive python shell
Python also has some rich third-party libraries. A favorite of mine for parsing HTML content is PyQuery. I've written a tutorial to get you started with PyQuery.
If you are getting started with Jinja templates you should learn about macros.
Recent Blog Posts
- 2013.10.24 » What actually goes on during a deploy
- 2013.10.12 » How We Deliver Features to Pinners
- 2013.10.06 » Tools We Use To Release Pinterest
- 2013.03.05 » Automatic versioning of python packages with Jenkins
- 2012.07.06 » Luck (and Presistence)
- 2012.06.04 » Pinternationalization
- 2012.04.07 » Plus Addressing
- 2012.03.19 » An Adventure
- 2012.03.07 » Yes, I like it too!
- 2012.03.01 » TechShop Offsite