08 Aug 2010 » Siddhartha: Weeks 8-10
Things have been mostly stable. Sleep has been somewhat all over the place -- 3-7 hours or so. The worst thing is dealing with the "witching hour." Siddhartha's not colicky, but definitely fussy in the early evenings, in cars and just before he does his big sleep for the night. Now that we know to expect this, it's not as alarming.
We also learned that Fisherman's Wharf might be less crowded on the weekdays, but then you have to deal with weekday rush hour. Rush hour combined with stopping to assuage the baby twice made our trip down the peninsula take 4 long hours. This was probably the most stressful four hours we've had recently.
We also learned that Music in the Park in San José is not great for families. Sibi in his moby wrap was one of the youngest, but definitely not the only child, present at the event. Unfortunately San José has a central park designed for a much smaller city, so the park was jam packed. Katie and I foolishly got ice cream sandwiches from Treatbot, but it was by no means worth it and then realized that we can't both eat treats and take care of junior at the same time.
So just past 2 months here's what we've accomplished:
- I'm starting to go into work a few days a week.
- The babies stool is less troublesome since Katie's avoided dairy. She's re-introduced yoghurt and some cheese and we still seem to be doing alright.
- Sidd's less at risk of whooping cough thanks to his DTaP vaccine.
- Sidd spins in a circle (may have been doing this at 6 or 7 weeks) on his activity mat. 
- He can belly crawl once in a while. 
- There is some predictability in his schedule.
- Dealt well with being a tourist at Fisherman's Wharf. He even let us go in a submarine.
- Although he fusses at night, he's a bit easier to handle in a Moby Wrap with me.
- Katie's had less breastfeeding issues.
- He's over 10.5 lbs and 23 inches.
- He now sleeps in an attached co-sleeper.
- He's met both his grandpa and cousin (on Katie's side).